Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Life & Times of Buddy W.


I know I know, last minute, but I was watching college basketball and forgot about it until I saw the list of stories I have in my room about ten minutes ago. So here it is and the picture you see above is actually from the night your about to read about. Enjoy.

It was evening that was destined for blackout. A group of us were at Buddy's house pre-gaming with some beer and cheap vodka. Buddy seemed to be doing a number on the vodka as the rest contently drank beer. It started getting a little sloppy before we even left the house as Jordan spilt what I remember to vodka and Dr. Pepper all over himself and the couch. As that got cleaned up we started making our way out to a G.I. Joe's and Army Hoes themed party. I believe there was five of us that went to the party together and it seemed like we were the only ones without a costume. The beer was flowing and you could tell Buddy was feeling good. The party was pretty full and there were some people there whom you usually wouldn't see. Jordan and I sat near the door for most of the night and Buddy had been engaging in a nice little conversation with childhood friend Ryan Dickert. At this point Jordan was blackout and I had a nice buzz going myself. Now the three of us were talking to each other and getting caught up and Jordan and Ryan even took a nice picture together. We're all standing together talking and Jordan just out of the blue says to Ryan "Dom and I out weigh you, we could take you." My first reaction is just to start laughing but then when I looked at Buddy he seemed to be a little more serious then I thought. I had to let my good friend know that it was obvious we would take him, but we weren't going to. Leave it to Buddy to turn a nice conversation between old friends into a little squirmish. As I myself don't remember what happened after this and on the way home but I can only imagine it wasn't a good morning for our friend Buddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment