Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Q&A with Caleb Followill



By Austin Scaggs (Rolling Stone)

Q: Last year, when you announced your gig at the Garden, I said to myself, "Who the fuck do they think they are?"

A: Me Too. Before I even knew it, the show was booked. We were scratching our heads, just like you. But ticket sales were going well, and I thought, "Holy shit! We're really going to do this." Hopefully it will be as legendary as we hope that it can be.

Q: How did you become the singer in the Kings? Nathan's older than you, and he's got some pipes, too.

A: In the beginning, we wrote songs together, and if he was writing a song, he'd sing, and vice versa. It came to a point where I knew I wanted it, and as opposed to us literally fighting for it, I just went to him and said, "Look, man, if we're going to do this, we need a clear vision, and I think you should play the drums and I'll sing." There were some tough times between us, but I pretty much said, "I'll do it, I'll be the singer. I'll take all the girls and all the drugs. I don't want to, but I will.

...More in Rolling Stone, issue 1071.

No comments:

Post a Comment